Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

DIY Potato Print Artwork

I really needed to fill some empty wall space, so I tried the Potato Print Artwork DIY by Oh Happy Day - click on the link for the entire tutorial.  As advertised, it was quick and easy and I was pretty happy with the results!  See how it turned out, after the jump.



After purchasing a canvas, the whole project took two hours.  I measured and marked the places (3" apart) where the stamps would be placed, and mixed up various colors of acrylic paint.  Instead of shaping a potato into a circle, I used the cut end of a large carrot for my stamp.  I stamped colors at random, until the whole grid was filled out.  I let the paint dry overnight, and hung the naked canvas on the wall over my sofa.  







































Not bad, right?  I tried to keep to a color palette that would help to pull together some of the colors already in my living room.  Maybe I'll go with more of a theme next time - like shades of muted blue with pops of orange.  I think I'd also like to try cross-sections of different fruits and vegetables - apples, pears, okra, artichokes!  Not to mention a simple cookie cutter shape to make a potato stamp.  I'd love to hear about your projects, please feel free to share your own tips and variations - photos welcome. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment